Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Attempted Kidnapping (Part 2)

“That they were almost kidnapped by werewolves?” asked my smart alec Uncle Richie giggling in the background. I stuck my tongue at him. My mom ignored him.

“She called the police and is sending them over here when they are done talking to Anne Marie.”

“Oh my God!” My Nan gasped as she pulled me close.

I looked up at my mom and cried, “I told you! You never believe me!” My mom sighed.

Two cops showed up not too long after. One was tall, skinny, and kind of cute for being older. The other was a little chunky and looked like he had one donut too many. I had really made up some doozies to spice up our conversation by the time they arrived so when the nice police officer handed me a lollipop and sat with me on the plastic covered couch and asked me to tell him what happened, I was ready for him.

“Weelll…,” I drawled out my words after popping my sucker out of my mouth, “it happened like this. Me and Anne Marie stopped at the playground like we always do. Anne Marie is my cousin. Actually, I think we stopped at my great-grandmom and grandpop’s first. She always gives us pizelles. You ever have them? They are sooo yummy and…”

The officer taking notes jabbed his partner with his small white pad, which prompted the one sitting next to me to ask, "Tell me what happened when you left the playground.”

“Oh, well, Anne Marie wanted to leave because she said the spaceship made her sick because it spun so fast when it took off...”

“Spaceship?” the pudgy cop laughed. I scowled at him and said with another big slurp of my lollipop,

“Didn’t your momma tell you it’s really impolite to innerrupt?”

The cop beside me cleared his voice and smiled at his friend. “What’s your name anyway?”

The cop, who wasn’t finding this so funny just glared at me so the nice cop beside me said, “I’m Officer Paul and that’s Officer Jack.”

“Well you really need to teach Officer Jack some manners,” I huffed.

Officer Paul winked at me, “I’ll try. Can you please tell us more about the spaceship? Is that a ride at the playground?”

Richie, who was eavesdropping again, popped out from the family room and said, “She’s talking about the merry-go-round.” I acted like I didn’t hear him. He might be 16, but he acted like he was 10!

“Anyway,” I continued, “she really is a sissy about spinny stuff. She needs to toughen up, if you know what I mean.”

The good cop grinned, “I think I do.”

“We had just come out of Universe Playtown when these two aliens from Nowhere Land, on the other side of Jupiter, pulled up in their broken down spaceship…”

Richie burst out laughing, “I thought they were werewolves.”

(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment