Saturday, June 5, 2010

Confession 3 (continued)


“Tammy, you don’t go to Mass to sleep, you go to praise God. It is a sin to not go to church on Sunday!”

I stared at my feet as though they were the most amazing things upon this Earth. I was thinking Nan always says to be honest. It may work for her, but it always gets me in more trouble. I decided to move on before he could chastise me any more.

“I lied two times, but once was because my mom asked me if she looked fat in her blue dress, I didn’t want to hurt her feelings so I told her it didn’t.”

“And the other?”

“My dad asked me if I hid his beer. I said no.” He nodded and waited for me to begin again. “I talked in class…” I began to count my fingers again.

Father said, “You don’t remember?”

“No, but I can figure it out.” I think he was praying again, but I wasn’t sure why. Maybe it was to help me remember how many times.

“How about you just say ‘so many times’ when you can’t remember instead of a number.” I thought about that. It sure would be easier. I smiled.

“Anything else?”

“Well, I did hit my brother, but he deserved it. He marked up my favorite doll with black ink! My Nan couldn’t get it off.”

“What about forgiveness, Tammy?”

“I did forgive him, right after I punched his face in!” I balled up my fists to show him how.

Father must’ve been real tired because he shook his head and sighed pretty loud. “I think that’s enough for today.”

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it interesting how humerus the truth is? Who needs fiction, truth is funnier! More please...

    ReplyDelete