Monday, August 9, 2010

Rebellion Strikes (Part 1)

Steven butted in front of Alice so he could be next to me. "I hate confession," he said to me in an annoyed voice.

"I know what you mean," I answered dryly.

Steven was cute. Dirty blonde, curly hair and blue eyes are only a couple of his best features. I had never realized he even liked me until the Valentine's Day Dance when he had given me a box of the little hearts with phrases like "I love you" and "Be mine" written all over them. We had danced together and had a lot of fun that night. I liked him, but I only saw him at school or at school activities.

"Are you going rollerskating tomorrow night?"

"Yeah. You?" I whispered as Sister stared daggers at us.

Having noticed Sister was onto us, too, he nodded. Then he leaned in closer to me, so close I could feel him breathing on my neck. "Will you skate with me if I come?" I blushed, and I was suddenly glad that I was facing forward and he could not see.

"If I don't have to skate with my brother, yeah, sure." I said trying not to sound too interested.

"Good!" his voice perked up.

He stayed close behind me, but I didn't turn and look. I tried to keep my composure, even though I was distracted. I began to think about how I could talk Nan and Richie into letting me go skating alone for once. I loved Bobby, but I always had to skate with him. And, if that weren't bad enough, he would always make me fall! He was a horrible skater and spent more time on his bottom then up on his skates.

He never just fell either. He would wobble and kick his feet out until our skates would connect, sending the both of us flying. It was really embarrassing. I think it was entertainment for my family, though, because Richie's laughter could be heard clear across the gymnasium and above the music!

(To be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment